S-Space College of Veterinary Medicine (수의과대학) Dept. of Veterinary Medicine (수의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_수의학과)
Genetic characterization of porcine circovirus type 2 in Republic of Korea
- Choi, Kyoung-Seong; Chae, Joon-seok
- Issue Date
- Research in Veterinary Science 84, 497-501
- Porcine circovirus type 2; Postweaning multisystemic wasting syndrome; Phylogenetic analysis; ORF2
- Porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) is a major causative agent of postweaning multisystemic wasting syndrome (PMWS). Sequence and phylogenetic analyses based on the ORF2 capsid protein gene fragment showed that field isolate in Republic of Korea (ROK), PCV2 YJK 0703, was closely related with the PCV2 Fh18 isolate. PCV2 YJK 0703 was genetically distinct and not related to previously reported ROK isolates. Therefore, genotypic variation exists among prevailing PCV2 in ROK. This result suggests that several PCV2 genotypes exist in Korean pig farms.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.