S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Mechanical Aerospace Engineering (기계항공공학부) Others_기계항공공학부
Fault Tolerant Attitude Estimation for an LEO Satellite Using a Multi-hypothesis Filter
- Lim, Jun Kyu; Choi, Kwang Rok; Park, Chan Gook
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems (2012) 10(5):1070-1076
- Fault identification; Kalman filter; multi-hypothesis filter; robust attitude estimation; satellite FDI
- The aim of this paper is to improve state estimation and FDI performance. We proposed an
algorithm using a model based multi-hypothesis filter (MHF). With this method, we can detect and
identify the fault on a satellite actuator. Also, we can improve the attitude estimation performance of a
satellite attitude control system. In this method, there are several models for a possible failure situation
and the model probabilities are decided from the residuals of each filter. The master filter finds the
most suitable state estimation result from the weighting sum of each filter based on probabilities. And a
probability crossing detection algorithm and thresholding algorithm based on probabilities are introduced
for fault detection and identification of satellite actuators. The simulation results demonstrate the
advantages of the MHF-based method proposed.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.