S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
Engineering of a multi-functional extracellular matrix protein for immobilization to bone mineral hydroxyapatite
- Kang, Wonmo; Kim, Tai-Il; Yun, Yerang; Kim, Hae-Won; Jang, Jun-Hyeog
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Biotechnology Letters, Vol.33, No.1, pp.199-204
- Bone grafting and repair; Hydroxy apatite; Osteocalcin; Fibronectin; Cell adhesion; Extracellular matrix
- Purpose of Work: We have developed a strategy of designing multi-functional extracellular matrix proteins for functionalizing bone tissue engineering scaffolds and other biomedical surfaces to achieve improvements in bone grafting, bone repair and bone regeneration. We developed a novel extracellular matrix protein designed to have a cell adhesive RGD sequence derived from fibronectin and active functional unit of osteocalcin (OC) containing Ca2+-binding sites for immobilization to mineral component of bone, hydroxyapatite (HA). The fusion protein, designated FNRGD/OC, was expressed in Escherichia coli and purified with affinity chromatography using a His-tag. The resultant FNRGD/OC fusion protein preferentially bound to HA, promoted cell adhesive activity, and stimulated differentiation of MC3T3-E1 cell. (C) 2010 Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.