S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Mechanical Aerospace Engineering (기계항공공학부) Others_기계항공공학부
A New Concept of APNT: MOSAIC/DME 3D- Positioning with a Single DME Station
- Kim, O-jong; Kim, Chongwon; Song, Junesol; Yun, Ho; Kim, Doyoon; Kee, Changdon; Lee, Taikjin
- Issue Date
- The Institute of Navigation (ION)
- Proceedings of the 2012 International Technical Meeting of The Institute of Navigation, Newport Beach, CA, January 2012, pp. 142-150
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), most commonly used navigation system in the world, are sensitive to interference such as jamming and spoofing. In order to minimize the RFI and maintain its operation in GNSS unavailable situations, the Alternate Position Navigation and Timing (APNT) concept was formed by the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). APNT is in development not only for GNSS degradation situation but for the consideration of future aircraft traffic. A new concept presented in this paper shows the possibility of 3D positioning using a single DME station to which an additional transmitter and antennas are added. As this system can operate in a stand-alone condition, time synchronization between stations is unnecessary. Furthermore the simulation results show that the performance can reach the requirements of APNT in particular position accuracy. In this paper, conceptual design, property and algorithm of a new concept, MOSAIC/DME, are introduced, and some properties of this system are described using simulation results.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.