S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Mechanical Aerospace Engineering (기계항공공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_기계항공공학부)
Multi-dimensional limiting process for hyperbolic conservation laws on unstructured grids
- Park, Jin Seok; Yoon, Sung-Hwan; Kim, Chongam
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS Vol.229 No.3, pp. 788-812
- 복합학; Multi-dimensional limiting process; Multi-dimensional limiting condition; Unstructured grids; Slope limiters; Compressible flow
- The present paper deals with an efficient and accurate limiting strategy for the multi-dimensional hyperbolic conservation laws on unstructured grids. The multi-dimensional limiting process (MLP) which has been successfully proposed on structured grids is extended to unstructured grids. The basic idea of the proposed limiting strategy is to control the distribution of both cell-centered and cell-vertex physical properties to mimic multi-dimensional nature of flow physics, which can be formulated to satisfy so called the MLP condition. The MLP condition can guarantee high-order spatial accuracy and improved convergence without yielding spurious oscillations. Starting from the MUSCL-type reconstruction on unstructured grids followed by the efficient implementation of the MLP condition, MLP slope limiters on unstructured meshes are obtained.Thanks to its superior limiting strategy and maximum principle satisfying characteristics, the newly developed MLP on unstructured grids is quite effective in controlling numerical oscillations as well as accurate in capturing multi-dimensional flow features. Numerous test cases are presented to validate the basic features of the proposed approach. (C) 2009 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.