S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Sol-Gel Transition of Polyacrylonitrile/Propylene Carbonate Solution
- Ko, Moon Bae; Kwon, Ick Hwan; Jo, Won Ho; Son, Tae Won
- Issue Date
- John Wiley & Sons
- J. Polym. Sci. Pt. B-Polym. Phys. 1994, 32, 945
- sol-gel transition; polyacrylonitrile/propylene carbonate; liquid-liquid phase separation; thermomechanical analysis
- The thermoreversible gelation of polyacrylonitrile (PAN)/propylene carbonate (PC) solution was investigated by calorimetric, thermomechanical, optical, and rheological measurements. Two endothermic signals are observed for PAN/PC gels in DSC thermograms, and the peak temperature of the higher melting endotherm coincides with the gel melting temperature determined from the TMA thermogram. SEM micrographs show that the overall structure is separated into two phases and is composed of sperical domains, which may be formed upon passing through the thermodynamically unstable or metastable state via the liquid-liquid phase separation. The gelation rate increases with the aging temperature. This is also discussed on the basis of the elasticity theory of the fishnet gel. © 1994 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- 0887-6266 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.