S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Semi-crystalline random conjugated copolymers with panchromatic absorption for highly efficient polymer solar cells
- Jung,Jae Woong; Liu, Feng; Russell, Thomas P.; Jo, Won Ho
- Issue Date
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Energy & Environmental Science Vol.6 No.11, pp. 3101-3307
- An effective approach to extend the light absorption range of conjugated polymers for high performance photovoltaics is synthesis of copolymers composed of at least two different chromophores with a complementary absorption range. For this purpose, we synthesized random conjugated copolymers consisting of DPP and isoindigo as co-electron accepting units in donor?acceptor type conjugated copolymers. The random copolymers exhibited both broad light absorption and low-lying HOMO level, which contribute to enhancement of JSC and VOC, respectively. Furthermore, the predominant face-on orientation of the random copolymers on the substrate is beneficial for charge transport in the device. The polymer solar cell (PSC) based on the random copolymer has shown a promising efficiency of 6.04% which is the highest value among PSCs based on random copolymers.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.