S-Space College of Veterinary Medicine (수의과대학) Dept. of Veterinary Medicine (수의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_수의학과)
Different culture conditions used for arresting the G0/G1 phase of the cell cycle in goldfish (Carassius auratus) caudal fin-derived fibroblasts
- Choresca Jr., Casiano H.; Koo, Ok Jae; Oh, Hyun Ju; Hong, So Gun; Gomez, Dennis K.; Kim, Ji Hyung; Lee, Byeong Chun; Park, Se Chang
- Issue Date
- Cell Biol Int 2009;33:65-70
- Cell cycle synchronization; G0/G1 phase; Goldfish; Serum starvation; Culture to confluence; Roscovitine
- One of the most important factors determining the success of the development of cloned embryos is the cell cycle stage of the donor cells. We investigated the effects of serum starvation, culturing to confluence and roscovitine treatment on the cell cycle synchronization of goldfish caudal fin-derived fibroblasts by flow cytometric analysis. The results show that culturing the cells to confluence (85.5%) and roscovitine treatment (82.71%) yield a significantly higher percentage of cells arrested in the G0/G1 (P < 0.05) phase than serum starvation (62.85%). Different concentrations of roscovitine (5, 10, or 15 μM) induce cell cycle arrest at the G0/G1 phase.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.