S-Space College of Education (사범대학) Korean Language Education Research Institute (국어교육연구소) 국어교육연구 (The Education of Korean Language) 국어교육연구 Volume 11/12 (2003)
근현대 한국어 교재의 단원 구성 변천
A Historical Change of Korean Language Textbooks: Lesson Construction
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 국어교육연구소
- 국어교육연구, Vol.11, pp. 369-410
- The purpose of this paper is to examine the historical change about Korean language textbooks for foreigners from 1877 to 2002. Under this purpose, firstly it is focused on the historical changes of the textbooks, and secondly it is compared differences that the construction of the lesson (unit) between textbooks for foreigners (KFL) and Korean who live foreign country. It is analysed the historical changes of lesson construction, lesson title, goal of learning (objectives), basic dialogue, drills, exercises, task, cultural components.
There are some types of textbook lesson construction;
1) basic dialogue/ translation
2) basic dialogue/ exercises
3) basic dialogue/ (translation)/ note on dialogues/ grammar notes/ drills/ exercises
4) speaking/ reading and speaking/ listening and speaking/ checklist/ Korean grammar/ cultural components
5) objectives (culture/ grammar/ task/ function)/ conversation/ narration/ new words and expressions/ culture/ grammar/ task/ function
Most textbooks are emphasized the pattern drills; substitution drill, response drill, transformation drill, level drill, combination drill and so on. Furthermore every lessons of textbooks have to show the goal of learning and culture points from low level to high level. There are many textbooks which Korean language institutions have published Korea and abroad, but it needs to develop various functional textbooks for speaking, listening, reading and writing, also for audio-visual aids and dictionaries according to the various type of learners' needs.
- Files in This Item: