S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
Effect of reciprocation usage of nickel-titanium rotary files on the cyclic fatigue resistance
Cited 9 time in Web of Science Cited 9 time in Scopus
- Issue Date
- Australian Society of Endodontology
- Australian Endodontic Journal Vol.39 No.3, pp. 146-150
- 의약학 ; continuous rotation ; cyclic fatigue ; fracture resistance ; nickel-titanium rotary file ; reciprocation
- The use of reciprocating motion for a nickel-titanium file has been claimed to increase its resistance to fatigue in comparison to continuous rotation. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect using a reciprocating motion instead of continuous rotation for nickel-titanium files on their cyclic fatigue resistance. Cyclic fatigue tests simulating clinical use with ProTaper F2 and ProFile #25/.06 instruments were carried out in an artificial stainless-steel root canal with a 1.5mm inner diameter, 5mm radius and 60° angle of curvature. The instruments were driven using either continuous rotation or reciprocation until fracture. For the reciprocation, the rotation angles were set to 140° clockwise and 45° counterclockwise. The number of cycles to fracture was determined by measuring the time to fracture. Statistical analysis was performed using two-way anova. There were no significant differences in the fracture cycles due to the use of reciprocation or continuous rotation for either instrument. The results found using reciprocation were comparable to those found using continuous rotation with regard to the cyclic fatigue resistance of nickel-titanium rotary files.
- 1329-1947 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
Items in S-Space are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.