S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 07 No.2 (1966)
한국인태아 슬관절발육에 관한 연구
Developmental Studies on Knee Joint of Korean Fetus during Middle and Later Stages of Intrauterine Life
- 김동은; 이명복
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.7 No.2, pp. 1-22
- The developmental feature of the knee joint in mid·
die and later stages of the prenatal life has been
analysed by means of the anatomical measurements on
the 54 items including the accessory ligaments, the
menisci and the participating bone ends from a sum of
382 cases (189 cases of male and 193 cases of female)
of the Korean fetuses aged from the 4th to the 10th
month of the prenatal life.
1. By the 4th month the medial collateral ligament
is longer than the lateral collateralligament. The lateral
ligament shows a relatively rapid growth by the 6th
month, and at the 10th month it shows the highest
value of the growth rate among the measurements of
the present series (6.0).
2. The anterior cruciate ligament is longer than the
posterior ligament throughout the period of the persent
observation, and shows relatively rapid growth after
the 6th fetal month.
3. By the 4th month the dimension of the medial
meniscus is larger than that of the lateral meniscus.
The similar relationship has been observed between the
hollow areas occupied on the center of each of both
the medial and lateral menisci.
4. Throughout the period of relatively regular pro'
portional rates are detected on the measurements of
the participating bone ends.
5. Of the medio-lateral (width) and antero-posterior