S-Space College of Veterinary Medicine (수의과대학) Dept. of Veterinary Medicine (수의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_수의학과)
Biological Control of Aeromonas salmonicida subsp salmonicida Infection in Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) Using Aeromonas Phage PAS-1
- Kim, J.H.; Choresca, C.H.; Shin, S.P.; Han, J.E.; Jun, J.W.; Park, S.C.
- Issue Date
- Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, Vol.62 No.1, pp. 81-86
- 농수해양; Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida; Aeromonas phage PAS-1; rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss); biological control
- The potential control efficacy of Aeromonas phage PAS-1 was evaluated against Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida infection in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) model in this study. The phage was co-cultured with the virulent A. salmonicida subsp. salmonicida strain AS05 that possesses the type III secretion system (TTSS) ascV gene, and efficient bacteriolytic activity was observed against the bacteria. The administration of PAS-1 in rainbow trout demonstrated that the phage was cleared from the fish within 200 h post-administration, and a temporal neutralizing activity against the phage was detected in the sera of phage-administrated fish. The administration of PAS-1 (multiplicity of infection: 10 000) in A. salmonicida subsp. salmonicida infected rainbow trout model showed notable protective effects, with increased survival rates and mean times to death. These results demonstrated that Aeromonas phage PAS-1 could be considered as an alternative biological control agent against A. salmonicida subsp. salmonicida infections in rainbow trout culture.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.