S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Neurology (신경과학교실) Journal Papers (저널논문_신경과학교실)
Ipsilesional limb ataxia and truncal ipsipulsion in isolated infarction of the superior cerebellar peduncle
- Lee, Sun-Uk; Bae, Hee-Joon; Kim, Ji-Soo
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Neurological Sciences, vol.349, pp. 251-253
- Superior cerebellar peduncle; Ataxia; Vertigo; Cerebellar infarction; Saccade; Uncinate fasciculus
- The clinical features of a lesion confined to the superior cerebellar peduncle (SCP) have not been defined well in human. A 92-year-old woman suddenly developed mild dysarthria and severe imbalance from an isolated unilateral SCP infarction, and examination showed ipsiversive ocular torsion, severe ipsilesional limb ataxia, and truncal ipsipulsion. These findings are well consistent with those observed in monkeys when the SCP was severed. In addition to the dentate-rubro-thalamic projections, the SCP appears to contain the fibers involved in the control of eye motion in the roll plane.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.