S-Space College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (농업생명과학대학) Dept. of Food and Animal Biotechnology (식품·동물생명공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_식품·동물생명공학부)
Expressed sequence tag analysis of Eimeria-stimulated intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes in chickens
- Min, Wongi; Lillehoj, Hyun S.; Ashwell, Christopher M.; Tassell, Curtis P. van; Dalloul, Rami A.; Matukumalli, Lakshmi K.; Han, Jae Yong; Lillehoj, Erik P.
- Issue Date
- Humana Press
- Molecular Biotechnology, vol.30 no.2, pp. 143-150
- Chickens; intestinal lymphocytes; expressed sequence tag (EST); expression cDNA library; Eimeria
- Intraepithelial lymphocytes (IELs) play a critical role in protective immune response to intestinal pathogens such as Eimeria, the etiologic agent of avian coccidiosis. A list of genes expressed by intestinal IELs of Eimeria-infected chickens was compiled using the expressed sequence tag (EST) strategy. The 14,409 ESTs consisted of 1851 clusters and 7595 singletons, which revealed 9446 unique genes in the data set. Comparison of the sequence data with chicken DNA sequences in GenBank identified 125 novel clones. This EST library will provide a valuable resource for profiling global gene expression in normal and pathogen-infected chickens and identifying additional unique immune-related genes.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.