S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Otorhinolaryngology (이비인후과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_이비인후과학전공)
Cutting edge: Uniqueness of lymphoid chemokine requirement for the initiation and maturation of nasopharynx-associated lymphoid tissue organogenesis
- Fukuyama, Satoshi; Nagatake, Takahiro; Kim, Dong-Young; Takamura, Kaoru; Park, Eun Jeong; Kaisho, Tsuneyasu; Tanaka, Norimitsu; Kurono, Yuichi; Kiyono, Hiroshi
- Issue Date
- American Association of Immunologists
- J. Immunol. 177:4276-4280
- Animals; Antigens, CD3/immunology/metabolism; Antigens, CD4/immunology/metabolism; Antigens, CD45/immunology/metabolism; B-Lymphocytes/immunology; Chemokine CCL19; Chemokine CCL21; Chemokine CXCL13; Chemokines/*immunology/metabolism; Chemokines, CC/deficiency/genetics; Chemokines, CXC/deficiency/genetics; Embryo, Mammalian; Flow Cytometry; Germinal Center/immunology; Immunohistochemistry; Lymphoid Tissue/cytology/*embryology/immunology; Mice; Mice, Inbred BALB C; Mice, Inbred C57BL; Mice, Mutant Strains; Nasopharynx/cytology/*immunology; Organogenesis/*immunology; Peyer's Patches/cytology/embryology/immunology; Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction; T-Lymphocytes/immunology
- CD3(-)CD4(+)CD45(+) inducer cells are required for the initiation of mucosa-associated organogenesis of both nasopharynx-associated lymphoid tissues (NALT) and Peyer's patches (PP) in the aerodigestive tract. CXCL13(-/-) mice and mice carrying the paucity of lymph node T cell (plt) mutation and lacking expression of CCL19 and CCL21 accumulate CD3(-)CD4(+)CD45(+) cells at the site of NALT but not of PP genesis. Although NALT was observed to develop in adult CXCL13(-/-) and plt/plt mice, the formation of germinal centers in CXCL13(-/-) mice was affected, and their population of B cells was much lower than in the NALT of CXCL13(+/-) mice. Similarly, fewer T cells were observed in the NALT of plt/plt mice than in control mice. These findings indicate that the initiation of NALT organogenesis is independent of CXCL13, CCL19, and CCL21. However, the expression of these lymphoid chemokines is essential for the maturation of NALT microarchitecture.
- 0022-1767 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.