S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Otorhinolaryngology (이비인후과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_이비인후과학전공)
KCNQ1/KCNE1 K+ channel and P2Y4 receptor are co-expressed from the time of birth in the apical membrane of rat strial marginal cells
- Hur, Dong Gu; Lee, Jun Ho; Oh, Seung-Ha; Kim, Young Ho; Lee, Jin Hee; Shin, Dong Hoon; Chang, Sun O.; Kim, Chong-Sun
- Issue Date
- Informa Healthcare
- Acta Otolaryngol Suppl 2007;558:30-5
- KCNQ1/KCNE1 K channel; P2Y4; strial marginal cell; cochlea, rat; voltage-sensitive vibrating probe
- CONCLUSION: KCNQ1/KCNE1 K(+) channels and P2Y(4) receptors are expressed in the apical membrane of rat strial marginal cells from postnatal day 1 (P1) and maintained throughout development. OBJECTIVES: The purpose of the present study was to investigate the developmental expression of KCNQ1/KCNE1 K(+) channel and of P2Y(4), which is an important metabotropic regulator of KCNQ1/KCNE1 K(+) channel in strial marginal cells. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Sprague-Dawley rats at different stages of development (P1, P3, P5, P7, P14, and P21) were studied. The spiral ligament with the stria vascularis was detached from the cartilaginous or bony cochlea and prepared for a voltage-sensitive vibrating probe and immunohistochemistry. RESULTS: Chromanol 293B, a blocker of KCNQ1/KCNE1 K(+) channel, inhibited short-circuit currents (I ( sc )) from P1 to P21. Similarly, I ( sc ) were found to be decreased by uridine 5'-triphosphate at all ages. The antagonist profiles indicated that the apical P2Y receptor is P2Y(4) subtype. KCNQ1, KCNE1, and P2Y(4) were immunolocalized in the apical region of stria vascularis at P1.
- 0365-5237 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.