S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Colloidal Random Terpolymers: Controlling Reactivity Ratios of Colloidal Comonomers via Metal Tipping
- Pavlopoulos, Nicholas G.; Dubose, Jeffrey T.; Hartnett, Erin D.; Char, Kookheon; Pyun, Jeffrey
- Issue Date
- American Chemical Society
- ACS MACRO LETTERS Vol.5 No.8, pp. 950-954
- Colloidal Random Terpolymers: Controlling Reactivity Ratios of Colloidal Comonomers via Metal Tipping; 자연과학
- We report on a versatile synthetic method of preparing colloidal copolymers and terpolymers composed of dipolar Au@Co core-shell nanoparticles (NPs) in the backbone, along with semiconductor CdSe@CdS nanorod (NR), or tetrapod (TP) side chain groups. A seven-step colloidal total synthesis enabled the synthesis of well-defined colloidal comonomers composed of a dipolar Au@CoNP attached to a single CdSe@CdS NR, or TP, where magnetic dipolar associations between Au@CoNP units promoted the formation of colloidal co- or terpolymers. The key step in this synthesis was the ability to photodeposit a single AuNP tip onto CdSe@CdS NR or TP that enables selective seeding of a dipolar CoNP onto the AuNP seed. We show that the variation of the AuNP size directly controlled the size and dipolar character of the CoNP tip, where the size modulation of the Au and Au@CoNP tips is analogous to control of comonomer reactivity ratios in classical copolymerization processes.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.