S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Obstetrics & Gynecology (산부인과전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_산부인과학전공)
Proteome analysis of human amnion and amniotic fluid by two-dimensional electrophoresis and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry
- Park, Soo-Jin; Yoon, Won-Gap; Song, Jin-Su; Jung, Hyun Sook; Kim, Chong Jai; Oh, Soo Young; Yoon, Bo Hyun; Jung, Guhung; Kim, Hie-Joon; Nirasawa, Takashi
- Issue Date
- Proteomics. 2006 Jan;6(1):349-63.
- Amino Acid Sequence; Amnion/*chemistry; Amniotic Fluid/*chemistry; Base Sequence; Calgranulin A/isolation & purification; Calgranulin B/chemistry/isolation & purification; DNA Primers; Electrophoresis, Gel, Two-Dimensional/*methods; Humans; Molecular Sequence Data; *Proteome; Spectrometry, Mass, Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption-Ionization/*methods; Ureaplasma Infections/metabolism
- Proteome analysis by 2-DE and PMF by MALDI-TOF MS was performed on human amnion and amniotic fluid at term. Ninety-two soluble and nineteen membrane proteins were identified from amnion. Thirty-five proteins were identified from amniotic fluid. Calgranulin A and B were found in all patients infected with Ureaplasma urealyticum, but not in any of the patients without infection, indicating that they are potential markers of intrauterine infection. Identity of calgranulin A and B was confirmed by MALDI-TOF/TOF MS. This study represents the first extensive analysis of the human amnion and amniotic fluid proteome at term and demonstrates that 2-DE and MALDI-TOF MS is a useful tool for identifying clinically significant biomarkers of problematic pregnancies.
- 1615-9853 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.