S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Others_전기·정보공학부
Stable green light-emission from poly[9,9-bis(4’-n-octyloxyphenyl)fluorenyl-2,7-vinylene] synthesized via the Gilch polymerization route
- Hwang, Do-Hoon; Kang, Jong-Min; Eom, Jae-Hoon; Park, Moo-Jin; Cho, Hoon-Je; Lee, Jeong-Ik; Chu, Hye-Yong; Lee, Changhee; Jin, Sung-Ho; Shim, Hong-Ku
- Issue Date
- Curr. Appl. Phys. 9 (2009) 441
- Poly(arylenevinylene) derivative; Photoluminescence; Electroluminescence; Light-emitting diode
- A new fluorene-containing poly(arylenevinylene) derivative, poly[9,9-bis(4-octyloxyphenyl)fluorenyl-2,7-vinylene] (PBOPFV), was
synthesized via the Gilch polymerization route and its light-emission properties were characterized and compared with those of
poly(9,9-di-n-octylfluorenyl-2,7-vinylene) (PFV). As is the case for poly(alkylfluorene)s, PFV exhibits a long-wavelength emission that
is additional to its emission in the blue-green region after thermal annealing or the passage of current. We have successfully suppressed
this long-wavelength emission by introducing an octyloxyphenyl group at the 9-position of the fluorene group. PBOPFV produces PL
emission maxima at 478 and 510 nm and no significant changes were found in its PL emission spectrum even after thermal annealing at
150 C for 2 h. Light-emitting devices were fabricated with ITO/PEDOT:PSS/polymer/LiF/Al configurations. The EL spectrum of the
device constructed using PFV was found to undergo significant changes during device operation, whereas the EL spectrum of the device
constructed using PBOPFV was found to be stable.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.