S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Others_전기·정보공학부
Confinement of Charge Carriers and Excitons in the Electrophosphorescent Devices: Mechanism of Light Emission and Degradation
- Chin, Byung Doo; Lee, Changhee
- Issue Date
- Adv. Mater. 2007, 19, 2061
- Blocking layers; Charge transport; Charge trapping; Dyes; Electrophosphorescence; Exciton diffusi; Light-emitting diodes, organic; Triplet emitters
- Charge-carrier and exciton confinement is essential for efficiency and stability enhancment of electrophosphorescent devices. Emission-layer lifetimes of a 4,4-N,N-dicarbazole-biphenyl host doped with either a red- or green- emitting dye (upper and lower figures) show a strong dependence and near independence, respectively, on the type of exciton blocking layer used (four are shown). This is explained using energy- level differences and corresponding charge-trapping behavior.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.