S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)
Effect of dispersant addition during ceria abrasive milling process on light point defect (LPD) formation after shallow trench isolation chemical mechanical polishing (STI-CMP)
- Kang, Hyun-Goo; Katoh, Takeo; Kim, Dae-Hyeong; Paik, Ungyu; Park, Jea-Gun
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.44 No.1-7, pp.L238-L241
- CMP; shallow trench isolation; oxide film; abrasive; dispersant; milling; light point defect (LPD); slurry
- We examined both the dispersant mixing time during ceria slurry synthesis and a method for reducing the quantity of agglomerated large particles, which influence the number of light point defects (LPDs) formed after chemical mechanical polishing (CMP). We quantified the dispersion stability of slurries with the abrasive particle size by examining with and without ultra-sonic treatment. Without the addition of dispersant before mechanical milling, the dispersion stability was worse than the case with dispersant addition before milling. A lower pH of cerium carbonate improved both the dispersion stability and reduced the number of LPDs formed on an oxide film after CMP.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.