S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Transparent and Stretchable Interactive Human Machine Interface Based on Patterned Graphene Heterostructures
- Lim, Sumin; Son, Donghee; Kim, Jaemin; Lee, Young Bum; Song, Jun-Kyul; Choi, Suji; Lee, Dong Jun; Kim, Ji Hoon; Lee, Minbaek; Hyeon, Taeghwan; Kim, Dae-Hyeong
- Issue Date
- Advanced Functional Materials, Vol.25 No.3, pp.375-383
- An interactive human-machine interface (iHMI) enables humans to control hardware and collect feedback information. In particular, wearable iHMI systems have attracted tremendous attention owing to their potential for use in personal mobile electronics and the Internet of Things. Although signifi cant progress has been made in the development of iHMI systems, those based on rigid electronics have constraints in terms of wearability, comfortability, signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), and aesthetics. Herein the fabrication of a transparent and stretchable iHMI system composed of wearable mechanical sensors and stimulators is reported. The ultrathin and lightweight design of the system allows superior wearability and high SNR. The use of conductive/piezoelectric graphene heterostructures, which consist of poly(L-lactic acid), single-walled carbon nanotubes, and silver nanowires, results in high transparency, excellent performance, and low power consumption as well as mechanical deformability. The control of a robot arm for various motions and the feedback stimulation upon successful executions of commands are demonstrated using the wearable iHMI system.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)