S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Multifunctional wearable devices for diagnosis and therapy of movement disorders
- Son, Donghee; Lee, Jongha; Qiao, Shutao; Ghaffari, Roozbeh; Kim, Jaemin; Lee, Ji Eun; Song, Changyeong; Kim, Seok Joo; Lee, Dong Jun; Jun, Samuel Woojoo; Yang, Shixuan; Park, Minjoon; Shin, Jiho; Do, Kyungsik; Lee, Mincheol; Kang, Kwanghun; Hwang, Cheol Seong; Lu, Nanshu; Hyeon, Taeghwan; Kim, Dae-Hyeong
- Issue Date
- Nature Nanotechnology, Vol.9 No.5, pp.397-404
- Wearable systems that monitor muscle activity, store data and deliver feedback therapy are the next frontier in personalized medicine and healthcare. However, technical challenges, such as the fabrication of high-performance, energy-efficient sensors and memory modules that are in intimate mechanical contact with soft tissues, in conjunction with controlled delivery of therapeutic agents, limit the wide-scale adoption of such systems. Here, we describe materials, mechanics and designs for multifunctional, wearable-on-the-skin systems that address these challenges via monolithic integration of nanomembranes fabricated with a top-down approach, nanoparticles assembled by bottom-up methods, and stretchable electronics on a tissue-like polymeric substrate. Representative examples of such systems include physiological sensors, non-volatile memory and drug-release actuators. Quantitative analyses of the electronics, mechanics, heat-transfer and drug-diffusion characteristics validate the operation of individual components, thereby enabling system-level multifunctionalities.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)