S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Tris(pentafluorophenyl) borane as an electrolyte additive for high performance silicon thin film electrodes in lithium ion batteries
- Han, Gi-Beom; Lee, Je-Nam; Choi, Jang Wook; Park, Jung-Ki
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica Acta, Vol.56 No.24, pp.8997-9003
- Electrolyte additive; Si thin film electrode; Tris(pentafluorophenyl) borane (TPFPB); Solid-electrolyte interphase (SEI)
- We report tris(pentafluorophenyl) borane (TPFPB) as a novel electrolyte additive for silicon (Si) thin film anodes in lithium ion batteries. The introduction of TPFPB into the electrolyte consisting of 1 M lithium perchlorate (LiClO(4)) in ethylene carbonate (EC)/diethyl carbonate (DEC) (1/1 volume) significantly enhances the capacity retention and coulombic efficiency. Specifically, TPFPB enables the improved properties by forming stable solid-electrolyte interphase (SEI) layers and suppressing surface pulverization. The SEI layers are thoroughly characterized by a variety of analytical tools including scanning electron microscopy (SEM), electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (X PS). (C) 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.