S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Mussel-Inspired Adhesive Binders for High-Performance Silicon Nanoparticle Anodes in Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Ryou, Myung-Hyun; Kim, Jangbae; Lee, Inhwa; Kim, Sunjin; Jeong, You Kyeong; Hong, Seonki; Ryu, Ji Hyun; Kim, Taek-Soo; Park, Jung-Ki; Lee, Haeshin; Choi, Jang Wook
- Issue Date
- Advanced Materials, Vol.25 No.11, pp.1571-1576
- anodic materials; catechol; lithium-ion batteries; mussels; polymeric binder; silicon nanoparticles
- Conjugation of mussel-inspired catechol groups to various polymer backbones results in materials suitable as silicon anode binders. The unique wetness-resistant adhesion provided by the catechol groups allows the silicon nanoparticle electrodes to maintain their structure throughout the repeated volume expansion and shrinkage during lithiation cycling, thus facilitating substantially improved specific capacities and cycle lives of lithium-ion batteries.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.