S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Defect-controlled formation of triclinic Na2CoP2O7 for 4 V sodium-ion batteries
- Kim, Heejin; Park, Chan Sun; Choi, Jang Wook; Jung, Yousung
- Issue Date
- Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, Vol.55 No.23, pp.6662-6666
- crystal engineering; density functional calculations; nonstoichiometry; polymorphism; sodium-ion batteries
- Simple defects such as sodium deficiencies can induce the selective synthesis of triclinic Na2CoP2O7, providing an increase in energy density of more than 40% compared to the stoichiometric polymorph that is preferentially formed under the commonly used synthesis conditions. Such a significant improvement, which was achieved just by changing the crystal structure, suggests that controlling the polymorphism could be an effective and facile method for developing high-performance electrode materials and that defects can play a remarkable role in this process.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.