S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Reversible and cooperative photoactivation of single-atom Cu/TiO2 photocatalysts
- Lee, Byoung-Hoon; Park, Sunghak; Kim, Minho; Sinha, Arun K.; Lee, Seong Chan; Jung, Euiyeon; Chang, Woo Je; Lee, Kug-Seung; Kim, Jeong Hyun; Cho, Sung-Pyo; Kim, Hyungjun; Nam, Ki Tae; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Nature Materials, Vol.18 No.6, pp.620-626
- The reversible and cooperative activation process, which includes electron transfer from surrounding redox mediators, the reversible valence change of cofactors and macroscopic functional/structural change, is one of the most important characteristics of biological enzymes, and has frequently been used in the design of homogeneous catalysts. However, there are virtually no reports on industrially important heterogeneous catalysts with these enzyme-like characteristics. Here, we report on the design and synthesis of highly active TiO2 photocatalysts incorporating site-specific single copper atoms (Cu/TiO2) that exhibit a reversible and cooperative photoactivation process. Our atomic-level design and synthetic strategy provide a platform that facilitates valence control of co-catalyst copper atoms, reversible modulation of the macroscopic optoelectronic properties of TiO2 and enhancement of photocatalytic hydrogen generation activity, extending the boundaries of conventional heterogeneous catalysts.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)