S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Uniform mesoporous dye-doped silica nanoparticles decorated with multiple magnetite nanocrystals for simultaneous enhanced magnetic resonance imaging, fluorescence imaging, and drug delivery
- Lee, Ji Eun; Lee, Nohyun; Kim, Hyoungsu; Kim, Jaeyun; Choi, Seung Hong; Kim, Jeong Hyun; Kim, Taeho; Song, In Chan; Park, Seung Pyo; Moon, Woo Kyung; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol.132 No.2, pp.552-557
- Highly versatile nanocomposite nanoparticles were synthesized by decorating the surface of mesoporous dye-doped silica nanoparticles with multiple magnetite nanocrystals. The superparamagnetic property of the magnetite nanocrystals enabled the nanoparticles to be used as a contrast agent in magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, and the dye molecule in the silica framework imparted optical imaging modality. Integrating a multitude of magnetite nanocrystals on the silica surface resulted in remarkable enhancement of MR signal due to the synergistic magnetism. An anticancer drug, doxorubicin (DOX), could be loaded in the pores and induced efficient cell death. In vivo passive targeting and accumulation of the nanoparticles at the tumor sites was confirmed by both T2 MR and fluorescence imaging. Furthermore, apoptotic morphology was clearly detected in tumor tissues of mice treated with DOX loaded nanocomposite nanoparticles, demonstrating that DOX was successfully delivered to the tumor sites and its anticancer activity was retained.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)