S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
One-dimensional crosslinked enzyme aggregates in SBA-15: Superior catalytic behavior to conventional enzyme immobilization
- Kim, Moon Il; Kim, Jungbae; Lee, Jinwoo; Shin, Sujeong; Na, Hyon Bin; Hyeon, Taeghwan; Park, Hyun Gyu; Chang, Ho Nam
- Issue Date
- Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol.111 No.1-3, pp.18-23
- CLEAs (crosslinked enzyme aggregates); SBA-15; alpha-Chymotrypsin; Mucor javanicus lipase; enzyme immobilization
- alpha-Chymotrypsin (CT) and lipase (LP) were immobilized in SBA-15 mesoporous silica by crosslinking adsorbed enzymes. This simple approach resulted in one-dimensional crosslinked enzyme aggregates (CLEAs) in the linear pore channels of SBA-15, which was very effective in preventing the enzyme leaching and consequently improving the enzyme stability. Both CLEAs of CT and LP showed negligible activity decrease under harsh shaking condition for one week while the conventional approaches including adsorption and covalent attachment resulted in more than 50-90% enzyme inactivation under the same condition. This effective stabilization results from the bent pore structure of SBA-15 with a high aspect ratio, which prevents the leaching of one-dimensional CLEAs and thereby achieves the higher enzyme loading capacity. Along with the higher specific activity than that of adsorbed enzymes, this CLEA approach is much simpler than that of covalent attachment by obviating the tedious processes for silica functionalization and enzyme attachment. (C) 2007 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)