S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Large-scale synthesis and medical applications of uniform-sized metal oxide nanoparticles
- Kwon, Hyek Jin; Shin, Kwangsoo; Soh, Min; Chang, Hogeun; Kim, Jonghoon; Lee, Jisoo; Ko, Giho; Kim, Byung Hyo; Kim, Dokyoon; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Advanced Materials, Vol.30 No.42, p. 1704290
- Thanks to recent advances in the synthesis of high-quality inorganic nanoparticles, more and more types of nanoparticles are becoming available for medical applications. Especially, metal oxide nanoparticles have drawn much attention due to their unique physicochemical properties and relatively inexpensive production costs. To further promote the development and clinical translation of these nanoparticle-based agents, however, it is highly desirable to reduce unwanted interbatch variations of the nanoparticles because characterizing and refining each batch are costly, take a lot of effort, and, thus, are not productive. Large-scale synthesis is a straightforward and economic pathway to minimize this issue. Here, the recent achievements in the large-scale synthesis of uniform-sized metal oxide nanoparticles and their biomedical applications are summarized, with a focus on nanoparticles of transition metal oxides and lanthanide oxides, and clarifying the underlying mechanism for the synthesis of uniform-sized nanoparticles. Surface modification steps to endow hydrophobic nanoparticles with water dispersibility and biocompatibility are also briefly described. Finally, various medical applications of metal oxide nanoparticles, such as bioimaging, drug delivery, and therapy, are presented.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)