S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Synthesis of monodisperse spherical nanocrystals
- Park, Jongnam; Joo, Jin; Kwon, Soon Gu; Jang, Youngjin; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, Vol.46 No.25, pp.4630-4660
- gold; magnetic nanocrystals; monodisperse nanocrystals; noble metals; quantum dots; semiconductors
- Much progress has been made over the past ten years on the synthesis of monodisperse spherical nanocrystals. Mechanistic studies have shown that monodisperse nanocrystals are produced when the burst of nucleation that enables separation of the nucleation and growth processes is combined with the subsequent diffusion-controlled growth process through which the crystal size is determined. Several chemical methods have been used to synthesize uniform nanocrystals of metals, metal oxides, and metal chalcogenides. Monodisperse nanocrystals of CdSe, Co, and other materials have been generated in surfactant solution by nucleation induced at high temperature, and subsequent aging and size selection. Monodisperse nanocrystals of many metals and metal oxides, including magnetic ferrites, have been synthesized directly by thermal decomposition of metal-surfactant complexes prepared from the metal precursors and surfactants. Nonhydrolytic sol-gel reactions have been used to synthesize various transition-metal-oxide nanocrystals. Monodisperse gold nanocrystals have been obtained from poly disperse samples by digestive-ripening processes. Uniform-sized nanocrystals of gold, silver, platinum, and palladium have been synthesized by polyol processes in which metal salts are reduced by alcohols in the presence of appropriate surfactants. © 2007 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)