S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Multiplexible Wash-Free Immunoassay Using Colloidal Assemblies of Magnetic and Photoluminescent Nanoparticles
- Kim, Dokyoon; Kwon, Hyek Jin; Shin, Kwangsoo; Kim, Jaehyup; Yoo, Roh-Eul; Choi, Seung Hong; Soh, Min; Kang, Taegyu; Han, Sang Ihn; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- ACS Nano, Vol.11 No.8, pp.8448-8455
- Colloidal assemblies of nanoparticles possess both the intrinsic and collective properties of their constituent nanoparticles, which are useful in applications where ordinary nanoparticles are not well suited. Here, we report an immunoassay technique based on colloidal nanoparticle assemblies made of iron oxide nanoparticles (magnetic substrate) and manganese-doped zinc sulfide (ZnS:Mn) nano particles (photoluminescent substrate), both of which are functionalized with antibodies to capture target proteins in a sandwich assay format. After magnetic isolation of the iron oxide nanoparticle assemblies and their bound ZnS:Mn nanoparticle assemblies (MZSNAs), photoluminescence of the remaining MZSNAs is measured for the protein quantification, eliminating the need for washing steps and signal amplification. Using human C-reactive protein as a model biomarker, we achieve a detection limit of as low as 0.7 pg/mL, which is more than 1 order of magnitude lower than that of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (9.1 pg/mL) performed using the same pair of antibodies, while using only one-tenth of the antibodies. We also confirm the potential for multiplex detection by using two different types of photoluminescent colloidal nanoparticle assemblies simultaneously.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)