S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Dimension-controlled synthesis of CdS nanocrystals: From 0D quantum dots to 2D nanoplates
- Son, Jae Sung; Park, Kunsu; Kwon, Soon Gu; Yang, Jiwoong; Choi, Moon Kee; Kim, Junhyeong; Yu, Jung Ho; Joo, Jin; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Small, Vol.8 No.15, pp.2394-2402
- The dimension-controlled synthesis of CdS nanocrystals in the strong quantum confinement regime is reported. Zero-, one-, and two-dimensional CdS nanocrystals are selectively synthesized via low-temperature reactions using alkylamines as surface-capping ligands. The shape of the nanocrystals is controlled systematically by using different amines and reaction conditions. The 2D nanoplates have a uniform thickness as low as 1.2 nm. Furthermore, their optical absorption and emission spectra show very narrow peaks indicating extremely uniform thickness. It is demonstrated that 2D nanoplates are generated by 2D assembly of CdS magic-sized clusters formed at the nucleation stage, and subsequent attachment of the clusters. The stability of magic-sized clusters in amine solvent strongly influences the final shapes of the nanocrystals. The thickness of the nanoplates increases in a stepwise manner while retaining their uniformity, similar to the growth behavior of inorganic clusters. The 2D CdS nanoplates are a new type of quantum well with novel nanoscale properties in the strong quantum confinement regime.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)