S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Large-scale synthesis of ultrathin manganese oxide nanoplates and their applications to T1 MRI contrast agents
- Issue Date
- Chemistry of Materials, Vol.23 No.14, pp.3318-3324
- manganese oxide ; nanoplates ; pi-pi interactions ; magnetic resonance imaging ; contrast agent
- Lamellar structured ultrathin manganese oxide nanoplates have been synthesized from thermal decomposition of manganese(II) acetylacetonate in the presence of 2,3-dihydroxynaphthalene, which promoted two-dimensional (2-D) growth by acting not only as a strongly binding surfactant but also as a structure-directing agent. Ultrathin manganese oxide nanoplates with a thickness of about 1 rim were assembled into a lamellar structure, and the width of the nanoplates could be controlled from 8 to 70 nm by using various coordinating solvents. X-ray absorption near-edge structure (XANES) spectra at the Mn K edge clearly showed that the nanoplates are mainly composed of Mn(II) species with octahedral symmetry. These hydrophobic manganese oxide nanoplates were ligand-exchanged with amine-terminated poly(ethyleneglycol) to generate water-dispersible nanoplates and applied to T1 contrast agents for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). They exhibited a very high longitudinal relaxivity (r(1)) value of up to 5.5 mM(-1)s(-1) derived from their high concentration of manganese ions exposed on the surface, and strong contrast enhancement of in vitro and in vivo MR images was observed with a very low dose.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)