S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Giant zeeman splitting in nucleation-controlled doped CdSe:Mn2+ quantum nanoribbons
- Yu, Jung Ho; Liu, Xinyu; Kweon, Kyoung Eun; Joo, Jin; Park, Jiwon; Ko, Kyung-Tae; Lee, Dong Won; Shen, Shaoping; Tivakornsasithorn, Kritsanu; Son, Jae Sung; Park, Jae-Hoon; Kim, Young-Woon; Hwang, Gyeong S.; Dobrowolska, Margaret; Furdyna, Jacek K.; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Issue Date
- Nature Materials, Vol.9 No.1, pp.47-53
- Doping of semiconductor nanocrystals by transition-metal ions has attracted tremendous attention owing to their nanoscale spintronic applications. Such doping is, however, difficult to achieve in low-dimensional strongly quantum confined nanostructures by conventional growth procedures. Here we demonstrate that the incorporation of manganese ions up to 10% into CdSe quantum nanoribbons can be readily achieved by a nucleation-controlled doping process. The cation-exchange reaction of (CdSe)(13) clusters with Mn2+ ions governs the Mn2+ incorporation during the nucleation stage. This highly efficient Mn2+ doping of the CdSe quantum nanoribbons results in giant exciton Zeeman splitting with an effective g-factor of similar to 600, the largest value seen so far in diluted magnetic semiconductor nanocrystals. Furthermore, the sign of the s-d exchange is inverted to negative owing to the exceptionally strong quantum confinement in our nanoribbons. The nucleation-controlled doping strategy demonstrated here thus opens the possibility of doping various strongly quantum confined nanocrystals for diverse applications.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원)Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부)Chemical Convergence for Energy and Environment (에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_에너지환경 화학융합기술전공)