Browse

Association of Inter-Eye Visual Field Asymmetry with Progression of Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma
양안 비대칭 시야 장애와 원발개방각녹내장의 진행 분석 연구

Cited 0 time in Web of Science Cited 0 time in Scopus
Authors
박은우
Advisor
김영국
Issue Date
2020
Publisher
서울대학교 대학원
Keywords
GlaucomaPrimary open-angleVisual fieldHemifield defectAsymmetricProgressionRate of changeRisk factor녹내장원발성 개방각시야반시야결손비대칭진행변화 속도위험 인자
Description
학위논문 (석사) -- 서울대학교 대학원 : 의과대학 의학과, 2020. 8. 김영국.
Abstract
Purpose: To investigate the relationship between inter-eye visual field defect (VFD) asymmetry and subsequent visual field (VF) progression in primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG).

Methods: One hundred and twenty-two (122) eyes of moderate-stage POAG eyes (61 patients) with a single-hemifield defect were followed over 5 years. Participants were categorized into three groups based on the initial VF pattern: (1) unilateral VFD, (2) bilateral VFD within the same hemifield (superior-superior, inferior-inferior), (3) bilateral VFD within the opposite hemifield (superior-inferior). The mean deviation (MD) difference between the inter-eye was defined as the inter-eye mean deviation asymmetry index (iMAI). The inter-eye hemifield MD difference within the same hemifield was calculated as the inter-eye hemifield visual-sensitivity asymmetry index (ihVAI). Global VF progression and MD slope were evaluated, and factors associated with glaucoma progression were assessed.

Results: During the 7.6 ± 2.4 year follow-up period, progression was detected in 14 of 21 unilateral VFD eyes (66.7%), 7 of 20 bilateral VFD eyes within the opposite VF hemifield (35.0%), and 4 of 20 bilateral VFD eyes within the same VF hemifield (20.0%) (P=0.007). There was statistically significant cumulative probability of progression greater in unilateral VFD eyes (55%) with a steeper MD slope (P=0.001). A faster MD slope was associated with greater iMAI (P<0.025). Disc hemorrhage (P=0.049), greater iMAI (P=0.011), and greater ihVAI (P=0.007) were significant factors for glaucoma progression.

Conclusions: Among POAG eyes with comparable hemifield VFDs, eyes without corresponding-hemifield defect in the fellow eye showed faster rates of progression compared to those with corresponding-hemifield defect.
목적: 본 연구는 원발개방각녹내장 환자에서 양안 시야 장애 비대칭에 따른 시야 손상 진행 속도의 연관성을 알아보고자 하였다.

방법: 5년 이상 경과 관찰한 원발개방각녹내장 환자 중, 중기 이상의 녹내장성 반시야결손을 보이는 61명 (122안)이 포함되었다. 초기 시야 패턴에 따라, 세 군으로 나누어 비교하였다: (1) 단안 반시야결손 (2) 양안 대칭 반시야결손 (상측-상측, 하측-하측) (3) 양안 비대칭 반시야결손 (상측-하측). 양안 mean deviation (MD)값 차이를 Inter-eye mean deviation asymmetry index (iMAI)로 정의하였고, 양안 반시야결손의 시감도차이를 inter-eye hemifield visual-sensitivity asymmetry index (ihVAI)로 정의하였다. 시야 손상 진행은 Guided Progression Analysis 소프트웨어를 이용한 사건 기반형 분석 (event-based analysis)과 시야 손상 진행 속도 (MD slope, dB/year)를 통해 계산되었다.

결과: 평균 7.6 ± 2.4 년의 경과 관찰 동안, 시야 손상 진행이 단안 반시야결손군 66.7%, 양안 대칭 반시야결손군 35.0%, 양안 비대칭 반시야결손군 35.0%에서 관찰되었다 (P=0.007). 단안 반시야결손군에서 5년 후 손상 진행 가능성이 55.5%로 유의하게 컸고, MD slope 또한 유의하게 빨랐다 (P = 0.001). MD slope은 큰 iMAI와 연관성을 보였고 (P=0.025), 시신경유두출혈 (P=0.049), 큰 iMAI (P=0.011), 큰 ihVAI (P=0.007)가 녹내장 진행의 위험인자로 나타났다.

결론: 반시야결손을 보이는 원발개방각녹내장 환자에서, 반대안에 상응하는 반시야결손이 없는 눈의 경우 빠른 녹내장 진행을 보였다. 본 연구는 양안 비대칭 시야 장애가 원발개방각녹내장 진행의 위험인자일 가능성을 시사한다.
Language
eng
URI
https://hdl.handle.net/10371/170446

http://dcollection.snu.ac.kr/common/orgView/000000161165
Files in This Item:
Appears in Collections:
College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원)Dept. of Medicine (의학과)Theses (Master's Degree_의학과)
  • mendeley

Items in S-Space are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse