S-Space College of Veterinary Medicine (수의과대학) Dept. of Veterinary Medicine (수의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_수의학과)
Antioxidative effects of 7-hydroxy-3-methoxy-cadalene extracted from Zelkova serrata on 4-(methylinitros amino) 1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone-induced oxidative stress in A/J mice
- Kim, JH; Lee, HJ; Yeon, SC; Choi, DH; Lee, SS; Kang, JK; Chae, CH; Paik, NW; Lee, KH; Cho, Myung-Haing
- Issue Date
- Phytotherapy Research, Vol.18 No.5, pp.425-427
- 7-hydroxy-3-methoxy-caclalene; 4-(methylinitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone gultathione; antioxidant
- Effects of 7-hydroxy-3-methoxy-cadalene (cadalene) extracted from Zelkova serrata on 4-(methylinitrosamino)1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone (NNK)-induced oxidative stress were examined using A/J mice. NNK (65 mug/ml water) was orally administered to 20 mice for 7 weeks, followed by free feeding of a commercial diet, not containing cadalene, for 2 weeks. The control group was maintained without NNK and cadalene administration, and treatment groups with NNK and cadalene (6.25, 25, 100 mg/kg feed) feeding for 25 weeks. The glutathione concentration of cadalene-treated (65 mug/ml water) group was significantly higher than that of the group treated only with NNK (p < 0.05). The results of our study strongly indicate that cadalene exerts antioxidative effect on NNK-induced lung tumorigenesis in A/J mice. Copyright (C) 2004 John Wiley Sons, Ltd.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.