S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Internal Medicine (내과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_내과학전공)
Molecular characterization of cDNA encoding porcine IP-10 and induction of porcine endothelial IP-10 in response to human TNF-alpha
- Yang, Jaeseok; Choi, Inho; Kim, Sung Dae; Kim, Eun Sil; Cho, Bumrae; Kim, Jae Young; Ahn, Curie
- Issue Date
- Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2007 May 15;117(1-2):124-8. Epub 2007 Feb 3.
- Amino Acid Sequence; Animals; Base Sequence; Chemokine CXCL10; Chemokines, CXC/biosynthesis/*genetics/immunology; Cloning, Molecular; DNA, Complementary/chemistry/*genetics; Endothelial Cells/immunology; Graft Rejection/immunology; Humans; Molecular Sequence Data; Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA Technique/veterinary; Sequence Alignment; Swine; Swine, Miniature; Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha/immunology/*pharmacology
- Donor-derived chemokines may play an important role in xenograft rejection, as well as allograft rejection. We have cloned the cDNA encoding porcine IP-10 (interferon-gamma-inducible protein 10), and evaluated its induction in miniature porcine endothelial cells in response to various human cytokines. The cloned sequence is 764 nucleotides long, and the open reading frame consists of 312 nucleotides. The deduced protein sequence includes a predicted mature protein of approximately 83 residues. The comparison of porcine IP-10, and its human, mouse, rat, goat, and sheep counterparts exhibited high similarity among different mammalian species. The sequences of important regulatory elements such as the interferon-stimulated response element (ISRE), and two NF-kappaB binding elements are conserved in the proximal promoter region of porcine IP-10, like other mammalian IP-10s. Human TNF-alpha induced the expression of IP-10 mRNA in porcine endothelial cells, while both human IFN-gamma and human IL-1beta failed. Together, the data of this study suggest that porcine IP-10 may interact with human leukocytes across the species barrier.
- 0165-2427 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.