S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Microbiology (미생물학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_미생물학전공)
The genomic and metabolic diversity of Rickettsia
- Fuxelius, Hans-Henrik; Darby, Alistair; Min, Chan-Ki; Cho, Nam-Hyuk; Andersson, Siv G.E.
- Issue Date
- Res Microbiol. 2007 Dec;158(10):745-53. Epub 2007 Oct 4.
- Animals; Evolution, Molecular; *Genome, Bacterial; Genomic Instability; Host-Pathogen Interactions; Humans; Orientia tsutsugamushi/genetics/pathogenicity; Rickettsia/*genetics/*metabolism/pathogenicity; Rickettsia Infections/genetics; Rickettsia prowazekii/genetics/pathogenicity; Typhus, Epidemic Louse-Borne/microbiology
- Comparative genomics of Rickettsia and Orientia has revealed an exciting interplay between reductive evolutionary forces acting on metabolic genes in all species and proliferation of mobile genetic elements in some species. These contradictory evolutionary forces highlight the influence of chance, adaptation and host-cell exploitation during the evolution of intracellular bacteria.
- 0923-2508 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.