S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Program in Cancer Biology (협동과정-종양생물학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_협동과정-종양생물학전공)
Histone chaperones regulate histone exchange during transcription
- Kim, Hye-Jin; Seol, Ja-Hwan; Han, Jeung-Whan; Youn, Hong-Duk; Cho, Eun-Jung
- Issue Date
- Nature Publishing Group
- EMBO J. 2007 Oct 31;26(21):4467-74. Epub 2007 Oct 4.
- Cell Cycle Proteins/chemistry; Fungal Proteins/metabolism; Gene Deletion; Gene Silencing; Histones/chemistry/*metabolism; Molecular Chaperones/*metabolism; Mutation; Nuclear Proteins/metabolism; Nucleosomes/metabolism; RNA Polymerase II/metabolism; Repressor Proteins/metabolism; Saccharomyces cerevisiae/metabolism; Saccharomyces cerevisiae Proteins/chemistry/metabolism; Transcription, Genetic
- Transcription by RNA polymerase II is accompanied by dynamic changes in chromatin, including the eviction/deposition of nucleosomes or the covalent modification of histone subunits. This study examined the role of the histone H3/H4 chaperones, Asf1 and HIR, in histone mobility during transcription, with particular focus on the histone exchange pathway, using a dual histone expression system. The results showed that the exchange of H3/H4 normally occurs during transcription by the histone chaperones. Both Asf1 and HIR are important for histone deposition but have a different effect on histone exchange. While Asf1 mediated incorporation of external H3/H4 and renewal of pre-existing histones, HIR opposed it. The balance of two opposing activities might be an important mechanism for determining current chromatin states.
- 1460-2075 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.