S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pharmacology (약리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_약리학전공)
8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanosine triphosphate(8-oxoGTP) down-regulates respiratory burst of neutrophils by antagonizing GTP toward Rac, a small GTP binding protein
- Kim, Hee Joon; Yoon, Sun-Hee; Ryu, Hyun-Ok; Yoon, Byung-Hak; Choi, Seongwon; Ye, Sang-Kyu; Chung, Myung-Hee
- Issue Date
- Taylor & Francis
- Free Radic Res. 2007 Jun;41(6):655-62.
- Adult; Carcinogens/pharmacology; Cells, Cultured; Deoxyguanine Nucleotides/immunology/*pharmacology; Guanosine 5'-O-(3-Thiotriphosphate)/pharmacology; Guanosine Diphosphate/metabolism; Humans; NADPH Oxidase/metabolism; Neutrophils/*drug effects/metabolism; Respiratory Burst/*drug effects; Superoxides/*metabolism; Tetradecanoylphorbol Acetate/pharmacology; rac GTP-Binding Proteins/*metabolism
- 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanosine triphosphate (8-oxoGTP) has been regarded simply as a oxidative mutagenic byproduct. The results obtained in this study imply that it may act as a down-regulator of respiratory burst of neutrophils. Human neutrophils treated with PMA produced superoxides and at the same time, the cytosol of these cells was intensely immunostained by 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanosine(8-oxoG) antibody, indicating that 8-oxoG-containing chemical species including 8-oxoGTP are produced. Human neutrophil lysates treated with PMA also produced superoxides, which was stimulated by GTPgammaS but inhibited by 8-oxoGTPgammaS. Moreover, 8-oxoGTPgammaS suppressed the stimulatory action of GTPgammaS. Likewise, GTPgammaS stimulated Rac activity in neutrophil lysates but 8-oxoGTPgammaS and GDP inhibited it. The inhibitory effect of GDP was one tenth that of 8-oxoGTPgammaS. Here again, 8-oxoGTPgammaS also suppressed the stimulatory action of GTPgammaS on Rac activity. These results imply the possibility that 8-oxoGTP is formed during respiratory burst of neutrophils and limits neutrophil production of superoxides by antagonizing GTP toward Rac.
- 1071-5762 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.