S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Microbiology (미생물학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_미생물학전공)
Molecular characterization of a group of proteins containing ankyrin repeats in Orientia tsutsugamushi
- Cho, Nam-Hyuk; Kim, Jo-Min; Kwon, Eun-Kyung; Kim, Se-Yoon; Han, Seung-Hoon; Chu, Hyuk; Lee, Jung-Hee; Choi, Myung-Sik; Kim, Ik-Sang
- Issue Date
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005 Dec;1063:100-1.
- Ankyrin Repeat/*genetics; Bacterial Proteins/*chemistry/*genetics; Orientia tsutsugamushi/*chemistry/*genetics/pathogenicity
- Orientia tsutsugamushi, an obligate intracellular bacterium, is the causative agent of scrub typhus. The sequencing and analysis of full genomic DNA of O. tsutsugamushi has revealed at least 19 genes thus far encoding proteins with different numbers of ankyrin repeat domains. We have cloned several genes containing ankyrin repeats from the genome and produced fusion proteins to characterize their functions in host cells. It is likely that the proteins with ankyrin repeat domains expressed in O. tsutsugamushi-infected cells may control the synthesis or stability of host proteins to modulate the various cellular functions after infection. The exploitation of host factors by ankyrin repeat proteins of O. tsutsugamushi may also play a critical role in its pathogenesis.
- 0077-8923 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.