S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Molecular and Genomic Medicine (분자유전체의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_분자유전체의학전공)
Differential expression of vitreous proteins in proliferative diabetic retinopathy
- Kim, Sang Jin; Kim, Sangmi; Park, Jungeun; Lee, Hong Kyu; Park, Kyong Soo; Yu, Hyeong Gon; Kim, Youngsoo
- Issue Date
- Taylor & Francis
- Curr Eye Res. 2006 Mar;31(3):231-40.
- Aged; Biological Markers/metabolism; Diabetic Retinopathy/complications/*metabolism/surgery; Electrophoresis, Gel, Two-Dimensional; Eye Proteins/*metabolism; Female; Humans; Male; Mass Spectrometry; Middle Aged; Retinal Neovascularization/complications/metabolism/surgery; Vitrectomy; Vitreous Body/*metabolism
- PURPOSE: To identify vitreous proteins that were differentially expressed in patients suffering from proliferative diabetic retinopathy with active neovascularization. METHODS: The vitreous samples of 15 active proliferative diabetic retinopathy patients were analyzed by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry, and the results were compared with those from age-matched patients with macular hole. RESULTS: Twenty-five protein spots were identified in the two-dimensional gel electrophoresis gels. Eight proteins (pigmented epithelium derived factor, serine protease inhibitor, apolipoprotein A-IV precursor, prostaglandin-H2 D-isomerase, a(1)-antitrypsin precursor, ankyrin repeat domain 15 protein, alpha2-HS-glycoprotein, and beta V spectrin) in the 25 spots were expressed significantly differently between the macular hole and proliferative diabetic retinopathy patients (p value < 0.05). Five proteins were upregulated in the proliferative diabetic retinopathy patients, and three were downregulated (p value < 0.05). CONCLUSIONS: We constructed vitreous protein profiles for proliferative diabetic retinopathy patients and identified eight candidate proteins believed to be involved in the pathogenesis of proliferative diabetic retinopathy.
- 0271-3683 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.