S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Microbiology (미생물학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_미생물학전공)
Molecular cloning and expression analysis of pig CD79alpha
- Lee, Suk Jun; Kim, Sang Joon; Park, Chung-Gyu; Park, Jongsun; Kim, Jeong Ho; Chun, Taehoon
- Issue Date
- Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008 Oct 15;125(3-4):368-74. Epub 2008 May 24.
- Amino Acid Sequence; Animals; Antigens, CD79/*biosynthesis/*genetics; Base Sequence; CHO Cells; Cloning, Molecular; Cricetinae; Cricetulus; Female; Immunohistochemistry/veterinary; Lymph Nodes/immunology; Male; Molecular Sequence Data; RNA, Messenger/biosynthesis/genetics; Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction/veterinary; Sequence Alignment; Spleen/immunology; Swine/*genetics/immunology; Transduction, Genetic/veterinary
- The CD79alpha (immunoglobulin alpha, Igalpha), a part of B cell receptor (BCR) complex, forms a heterodimer with CD79beta (Igbeta) and plays an important role in the B cell signaling. In this study, we have cloned pig Cd79a cDNA using RT-PCR and determined the complete cDNA sequence of pig Cd79a. Pig Cd79a cDNA contains an open reading frame (672bp) encoding 223 amino acids. The putative amino acid identity of pig CD79alpha with those of human, cattle and mouse are 70.4, 81.4, and 67.7%, respectively. Alignment of the CD79alpha amino acid sequence with those of mammalian species showed that the extracellular domain is the most divergent, whereas transmembrane region and cytoplasmic tail including immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM) are largely conserved. Pig Cd79a mRNA was detected mainly in lymphoid tissues by RT-PCR. The highest level of Cd79a mRNA expression was observed in mesenteric lymph node and spleen. Relatively low level of Cd79a mRNA expression was observed in lung, thymus and small intestine. The lowest level of Cd79a mRNA expression was observed in large intestine. Flow cytometry analyses demonstrated that human CD79alpha antibody recognizes a CD79alpha in pig B cells. Further, immunohistochemistry analysis using human CD79alpha antibody on pig spleen was revealed that CD79alpha is strongly expressed in the follicular mantle zone rather than in the germinal center. Future study will be focused on defining the functional role of CD79alpha during the course of pig infectious diseases and the formation of neoplasm.
- 0165-2427 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.