Facile Fabrication of Photochromic Dye-Conducting Polymer Core-Shell nanomaterials and Their Photoluminescence
- Jang, Jyongsik; Oh, Joon Hak
- Issue Date
- Adv. Mater. 2003, 15, 977
- Composites; Conducting polymers; Core-shell materials; Nanomaterials; Photochromic dyes; Polypyrrole
- Photochromic dye (pyrene)-conducting polymer (polypyrrole) core-shell nanomaterials were fabricated using microemulsion micelles as nanoreactors. The adsorption state of pyrene was tunable over a wide range with a small pyrene loading because of the phase separation and the packing constraints of the pyrene crystal. This methodology provides a facile way to control the emission of organic dyes, and also presents a new concept of nanohybrids for electronic devices
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.