S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Tunable Superhydrophobic and Optical Properties of Colloidal Films Coated with Block Copolymer Micelle/Micelle Multilayers
- Hong, Jinkee; Bae, Wan Ki; Lee, Hyemin; Oh, Sewon; Char, Kookheon; Caruso, Frank; Cho, Jinhan
- Issue Date
- Adv. Mater. 2007, 19, 4364
- Block copolymers; Layer-by-layer assembly; Micelles; Nanocrystals, semiconductor; Superhydrophobicity
- Superhydrophobic surfaces are prepared based on silica colloids coated with multiple layers of block copolymer micelles (see figure). The hierarchical surface roughness can be tuned by adjusting the pH and molecular weight of the polymer segments. Optical functionality is imparted to the films by the inclusion of quantum dots or organic dyes in the hydrophobic cores, as depicted in the figure.
- 0935-9648 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.