S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
The effects of oxidation on the surface properties of MCMB-6-28
- Cao, Xiaoyan; Kim, Ji Hyun; Oh, Seung Mo
- Issue Date
- Electrochim. Acta 47 (2002) 4085
- Graphitized MCMB; Oxidative treatment; Surface performance; Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS); Rectangular potential
- Graphite is an important active material for lithium ion battery anode. In the present paper, a kind of graphitized MCMB (MCMB-6-28) was oxidized at 600 or 700 °C, and the effects of the oxidation were investigated by cyclic voltammetry (CV) method, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), and rectangular potential technique. It was found that the specific surface area of the electrode made of the graphite can be increased notably by the oxidative treatment. Meanwhile, after oxidation, the electrochemical impedance of the graphite electrode is reduced, and the reaction reversibility is improved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.