S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
The effect of cerium oxide nanoparticles on a Pt/C electrocatalyst synthesized by a continuous two-step process for low-temperature fuel cell
- Lim, Dong-Ha; Lee, Weon-Doo; Choi, Dong-Hyeok; Kwon, Heock-Hoi; Lee, Ho-In
- Issue Date
- Electrochemistry Communications 10 (2008) 592–596
- Low-temperature fuel cell; Oxygen reduction reaction; Cathode electrocatalyst; Cerium oxide; Two-step process
- An effective method was developed for preparing highly dispersed CeO2 nanoparticle on a Pt/C catalyst synthesized by a continuous
two-step process. From the XRD patterns, the diffraction pattern of the 20Pt–10CeO2/C catalyst revealed that both crystalline Pt and
CeO2 phases coexisted. The TEM images show that the Pt and CeO2 nanoparticles were well-dispersed on the surface of the carbon support,
which is known to be important for activity in the ORR test. In the ORR and single-cell tests, the 20Pt–10CeO2/C catalyst showed
higher performance than a commercial 20Pt/C catalyst, owing to the oxygen storage capacity of CeO2 and its ability to rapidly exchange
oxygen with oxygen in the buffer.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.