S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Photoinduced growth of Cu nanoparticles on ZnO from CuCl2 in methanol
- Lu, Lianhai; Hu, Shuang; Lee, Ho-In; Woll, Christof; Fischer, Roland A.
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoparticle Research 9, 491–496
- copper nanocrystal; growth; ZnO; photoreduction; copper chloride; surface deposition; semiconductors
- Cu nanoparticles were formed on surface of nano-ZnO by UV light induced photoreduction of CuCl2 in
methanol solution suspended with ZnO nanoparticles. By controlling the reaction conditions, the average
size of the produced copper nanocrystal can be fine-tuned in the range of 10–200 nm. At constant UV
irradiation, the Cu nanocrystals gradually grew up as the initial concentration of copper cation was
increased, showing that the in situ formed Cu nanoparticles act as a bridge to facilitate the transferring of
photoexcited electrons from ZnO surface to Cu2+ in solution. A Redox property was also proved for the
- 1388-0764 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.