S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Chemical and Biological Engineering (화학생물공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_화학생물공학부)
Bandgap modulation of TiO2 and its effect on the activity in photocatalytic oxidation of 2-isopropyl-6-methyl-4-pyrimidinol
- Lee, H.-S.; Woo, C.-S.; Youn, B.-K.; Kim, S.-Y.; Oh, S.-T.; Sung, Y.-E.; Lee, Ho-In
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Topics in Catalysis 35 (2005) 255-260
- nano-size TiO2; mesoporous material; bandgap; quantum size effect; 2-isopropyl-6-methyl-4-pyrimidinol; redox potential
- Nano-size TiO2 particles were obtained using various mesoporous materials and the particle sizes were determined by the pore
sizes of mesoporous materials. The bandgap increments due to quantum size effect were observed in both anatase TiO2 and rutile
TiO2. The bandgap increment in anatase TiO2 did not affect the efficiency of photocatalytic oxidation of 2-isopropyl-6-methyl-4-
pyrimidinol. However, the bandgap increment in rutile TiO2 enhanced the photocatalytic activity by virtue of the increase in redox
potential of TiO2.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.